WHAT TO DO WHEN YOUR PROPERTY HAS BEEN VANDALIZED BY GRAFFITI?
- Report the incident to your local police station as it is malicious damage to property.
- Take photos to assist with possible prosecution.
- Contact AZPW Maintenance Services Co., Inc. to establish alternatives in the most effective and least expensive way to remove the Graffiti.
- Remove Graffiti ASAP
POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS TO PREVENTING GRAFFITI?
- Keep the outside appearance of your property clean and neat.
- Make sure you have sufficient lighting around your property.
- Incorporate natural barriers such as creeping or thorny plants.
- Restrict unauthorized access to properties. By removing rubbish bins which could be used in climbing walls.
- Set-up a Neighborhood watch to monitor areas that are regularly targeted.
- Educate the community on how Graffiti negatively effects business and neighborhoods.
- Employ extra security where required.
- Remove Graffiti immediately as research shows that removal within 24-48 hours results in a definite decrease in re-occurrence of Graffiti.
WHAT IS THE POINT IN REMOVING GRAFFITI – WON’T IT JUST COME BACK AGAIN?
- Removing Graffiti tags immediately is very important. Not removing these Graffiti tags is a sure drawing card for other Graffiti tagger’s to vandalize your property, as focus is placed on a specific area for tagger’s to compete and show off their work.
- We have personally seen this occur where companies have not addressed the issue immediately, resulting in a substantial increase in Graffiti tags as well as financial cost due to Graffiti tags increasing and becoming more elaborate.
- Statistically removing Graffiti tags is very successful. After completing initial Graffiti removals we have had customers that have been Graffiti free ever since. One of our clients where we have removed 140 + Graffiti tags over a period of 9 months, only 4 tags re-occurred over that entire period. Should a specific area continuously be tagged, one can always apply an Anti-Graffiti shield to ensure easy removal of Graffiti with water.
CAN I PAINT OUT GRAFFITI?
- Yes, it is possible to paint out Graffiti on painted surfaces, however you should first determine if you are able to match your original paint color by testing a small inconspicuous area. By not matching the original paint color, one could easily create a section that could be seen as a fresh canvass by Graffiti vandalism. Furthermore the appearance could be substantially worsened. It is also advisable to remove Graffiti prior to re-painting surfaces as there is a possibility for the Graffiti to resurface once the new paint coat has been applied. This may particularly have reference to instances where Graffiti colors are darker than the paint to be used when re-painting.
WHAT IS THE QUOTATION PROCEDURE FOR GRAFFITI REMOVAL?
- AZPW Maintenance Services Co., Inc. quotes on specific sites as our services are required and quotations are free of charge.
- All labor and product will be included in the quoted price.
- AZPW Maintenance Services Co., Inc. would aim to remove Graffiti within 72 hours after receiving a valid order number for the supplied quote.
- This quote would take into consideration the amount of Graffiti that needs to be removed as well as the underlying surface, as different surfaces require different techniques and cleaning times. AZPW Maintenance Services Co., Inc. will keep digital image recordings of “before and after” clean-ups which will be available upon request or on presentation of the invoice.